- Solve systems of linear equations using Gaussian elimination
- Gain familiarity with echelon and reduced echelon matrices
- Read Lay sections 1.1, 1.2
- Consult notes to the textbook (if you wish)
- Ponder Lay problems 1.1: 7, 12, 19-22, 23, 25, 33, 34; 1.2: 1, 7, 9, 11, 21, 23, 25, 33.
- Post to Piazza
- Download Mathematica onto your laptop (so we can use it in class)
- Practice solving linear systems
- Introduction to Mathematica
- Try out WeBWorK system. Login name is your mac e-mail (without the @macalester.edu). Your initial password is your student ID (without the initial 00).