- Master linear functions of 2 variables
- Explore representations of functions of 2 variables with Mathematica by
- section graphs
- contour diagrams
- Read Hughes-Hallett sections 12.1-4.
- Ponder problems 12.1: 1, 47; 12.2: 1,2; 12.3: 1, 5.
- Download Mathematica onto your laptop (so we can use it in class).
- Remember to bring your laptop to class (if you have one).
- Examine a few contour diagrams in real life. For homework, find a link to another online contour diagram that you like, and post it on Piazza, with a brief description of the function and variables.
- Work problems
- Work selected problems
- Activity: visually representing 2-variable functions with Mathematica
- Log on to WeBWork and answer a question.
On your own
- Read about the Investment-Savings (IS) model in macroeconomics