- Keep separate data, codebook, and analysis
- Describe centers and spread of data
- Give visual displays of variation
- Work with R
- Read textbook sections 2.3, 2.4, and all of Chapter 3
- Complete elevator button experiment
- Complete Assignment One on the homework server.
- Post to Piazza
- Discuss elevator button experiment results
- Organization of data: Table on Marital status of active-duty forces from data.gov and the PDF handout.
- Work with basic vocabulary of descriptive statistics
- Basic R for data frames
- Activity: Use R to compute summary statistics and to give useful displays of data. Submit solution here.