- Use basic vocabulary related to data: cases, variables, tables, and codebooks
- Begin working with R
- Read textbook sections 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2.
- Read article on sleep and dementia
- Make sure you can log on to RStudio
- Begin work (if you can) on Assignment One on the homework server.
- Post to Piazza
- Discuss sleep and dementia article
- Complete and discuss class survey
- Types of variables: quantitative and categorical: Wong-Baker pain, FLACC pain, Likert scale for intensities
- Make new scale in class.
- Describe elevator button experiment.
- Arithmetic with R; examine some data frames.
- Get homework server system working