- Distinguish between units and dimensions
- Convert dimensioned quantities from one unit to another
- Work with commonly occurring dimensions and their units: time, length, mass, velocity, acceleration, force, energy, and power
- See pages 2-8 on units and unit conversion
- See Kaplan’s notes for the difference between units and dimensions
- Get familiar with the basic physical dimensions
- Select two cool, unusual, or significant units from the Dictionary of Units of Measurement and write about them in Piazza.
- Figure out how to use Google Search to easily do unit conversions
- Ponder these, these, these, and these problems.
- Keep working on R.
- Main points of the lesson.