- Interpret and use a derivative as a multiplier with units
- Use the multiplier equation for and small
- Make numerical approximations of derivatives
- Use a derivative in applied contexts (local linear approximation)
- Consult the main points of the lesson
- Read Hughes-Hallett 2.1, 2.2, 2.3(skip relative rate of change).
- Ponder problems 2.1. 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 24; 2.2 3, 4; 2.3. 4, 6 10, 18, 37-41.
- Work problems: Approximating and using derivatives
- Practice graphical differentiation (solutions here)
- Check out how to use R to create and plot derivatives