- Understand the definite integral as a sum with units (accumulation)
- Recognize when practical problem can be solved with integration
- Express the solution to a problem using integral notation
- Use the units of a definite integral as an aid to interpreting the integral
- Read Hughes-Hallett 5.1, 5.2, 5.4.
- Ponder problems 5.1. 4, 8, 16; 5.2. 6, 10, 16, 18; 5.4. 2, 10, 14.
- Consult the main points of the lesson
- Mini lecture
- Work on problems from book and extra problems
- QUIZ 9 (gradients, gradient search, and constrained optimization)